Finding Your Dream Home
Step 1: Decide what you need and what you can afford
- Do you want a new home, a fixer-upper or a condominium?
- What do you want from your neighborhood?
- How much do you want to spend?
- KEEP IN MIND THAT PRE-APPROVAL TAKES THE GUESSWORK OUT OF HOUSEHUNTING!
Step 2: Anticipate your closing costs
- Legal fees
- Title Search
- Transfer Tax
- Property Taxes
- Property Adjustments
Step 3: Build your team
- Choose a REALTOR® that you are comfortable with
- Home inspector
Step 4: You are now in the home stretch once you have found your home and it is now time to finalize your mortgage and the deal:
- Confirmation of income
- Current bank account information
- Evidence of your down payment
- A list of your current assets
- A list of your liabilities
- Address or contact information for your lawyer
- A copy of the purchase and sale agreement and any amendments, spec sheet as well
- Copy of the survey if there is one on file
Kate Gorman & Wendy Hallihan
Licensed Assistant & Sales Representative